Listen here:


Sunday 29 March 2009

My people - Episode 11

My people were wobbly and had flowers in their hair....beat abusers, accoustic soundscapers and downright wrong'uns gather and shake those copies of the guardian for we refuse to be labelled... we come to dip our furry toes in the pool of Medium Wave. Yes, episode 11 is amongs us and what a treat of aural impudence it is. Some of DJ Rules highlights include (on my left) that electro classic COD, In the Bottle. A full on effect 1983 electro stromer of Gill Scott Herons tune with a little bit of the smurf mixed in for added head spinning. Found a great site the other day which has collected stacks of the old NYC early rap and hip hop flyers from around 79 to 85...check out http://toledohiphop.org/images/old_school_source_code/
On the more furry feet tip I can only say get out folksters and purchase your copy of the new Sore Eros album. Ethereal, celestial and all those other ials that DJ Rules loves to snuggle up with on a chilly Spring evening. Stand out tracks include, In my Heart and Lips Like Wine, the latter a little like being dipped in warm chocolate and then whispered dry by a collection of French au-pairs. http://www.myspace.com/soreeros


Yann Kesz was a real treat and I could have pretty much picked any one of the thirteen sublime wobbly hip hop/disco edits on this platter. It came out in 2007 and is another formidable from the French beats scene. Featuring Eagle Nebula, Lorett Fleur, Karim Nazem, DJ Suspect, LMNO, LD and Boddhi Sativa its on the Tradvibe label which can be found at http://www.tradvibe.fr



Finally I doff my rather jaunty Kangol hat to the Reggae and Dub pioneer Mr Dennis Bovell. Now DJ Rules is no part time sucker and he respects true talent and innovation so I say arise Sir Bovell aka Blackbeard and stand proud. From the Slits to I Roy, the Pop Group through Madness, Dennis has played that desk like a true believer. We played Electrocharge from the Blackbeard album I Wah Dub and I suggest you find a horizontal position and let the UK Dub Master take over...... http://www.myspace.com/dennisbovell

Well beautiful people thats DJ Rules on the blog letting you know where my hat is at. Keep on listening, send in comments, send us records and stay believers. Peace Dub and Flowers ...

No comments:

Post a Comment